Saturday 11 February 2012

Prepare

Prepare


For the Illustration Friday Challenge, the word of the week is "Prepare."

I found this image as inspiration for my piece !

NY Art Directors Annual
Illustrated by Betty Brader




I decided to do something to do with surfing again! Hearing the word Prepare, I immediately thought of a surfing event, how everyone must prepare for the big competition!

This is what i thought up, 

I am really liking the bottom right thumbnail, I can work the text around the girl and bring everything together! 


After I drew out the girl, I realized I needed a background pattern.


Then I Added colour to the girl and the surf board, then added my text.








I made it into an event poster, because what better way to tell someone to prepare is for a competition!

Sara Stroud xx

No comments:

Post a Comment